- Gene editing
- Fluorescent proteins
- Viral transduction
- Tet-inducible expression systems
- ProteoTuner protein control systems
- iDimerize inducible protein interaction systems
- Transfection reagents
- Mammalian expression plasmids
Xfect RNA Transfection Reagent
Xfect RNA Transfection Reagent is a complete system for highly efficient transfection of mammalian cells with all types of RNA, including messenger RNA, siRNA, single guide RNA (sgRNA), and microRNA. The protocol is simple, requires no optimization, and transfections can be carried out entirely in the presence of serum. While most transfection reagents can be harmful to your cells, the Xfect RNA Transfection Reagent has very low cytotoxicity.
- Single reagent for transfection with messenger RNA (mRNA), single guide RNA (sgRNA), microRNA (miRNA), and siRNA
- High transfection efficiency and very low cytotoxicity in cell lines and primary cells
- Simple, serum-compatible protocol
- Complete system that includes all components necessary for transfection
- Transfecting mRNA results in faster expression of your protein
- This reagent cannot deliver DNA, but can be combined with Xfect Transfection Reagent for efficient cotransfection of mammalian cells with both DNA and RNA (protocol described in the user manual)
- Knockdown of gene expression using siRNA
- Transient transfection with mRNA transcripts
- Knockout of gene expression using CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene editing
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.