- Long ssDNA for knockins
- Knockin screening kit
- Genome-wide sgRNA library system
- Recombinant Cas9 protein
- GMP recombinant Cas9
- Mutation detection kits
- In vitro transcription and screening kits
- Cas9-sgRNA gesicle production
- Cas9 antibodies
- Plasmid systems
- Lentiviral systems
- AAV systems
- RNA transfection
- Genotype confirmation kit
- Indel identification kit
- SNP screening
- Cre recombinase
Guide-it Long ssDNA Production System v2
The Guide-it Long ssDNA Production System v2 enables on-demand production of long single-stranded DNA (ssDNA) up to 5,000 nt in length for use as a repair template in knockin experiments involving CRISPR/Cas9 technology or other genome editing tools. This kit provides a simple and fast method for converting a dsDNA PCR product of any sequence into ssDNA via selective digestion of either the sense or the antisense strand. Each kit allows for preparation of 50 ssDNA templates.
The Guide-it Long ssDNA Production System v2 enables on-demand production of long single-stranded DNA (ssDNA) up to 5,000 nt in length for use as a repair template in knockin experiments involving CRISPR/Cas9 technology or other genome editing tools. This kit provides a simple and fast method for converting a dsDNA PCR product of any sequence into ssDNA via selective digestion of either the sense or the antisense strand. Each kit allows for the preparation of 50 ssDNA templates.
Although ssDNA templates have been shown to provide several important advantages over dsDNA templates for precise genome editing applications utilizing homology directed repair (HDR) (Roth et al., 2018), the use of long ssDNA has been limited due to the difficulty and cost of producing it. The Guide-it Long ssDNA Production System v2 is designed to make the benefits of ssDNA templates accessible to all researchers by providing an efficient, economical method for obtaining ssDNA on demand.
Benefits of using ssDNA as a template over dsDNA:
- Significantly reduced random and off-target integration, resulting in improved gene editing efficiency and lower likelihood of experimental artefacts
- Minimal cytotoxicity, enabling recovery of larger populations of edited cells
- Negligible transgene expression from nonintegrated templates, allowing for easier identification of correctly edited clones
- On-demand production of ssDNA donor templates ranging from 500–5,000 nt for gene knockin applications
- Simple and fast protocol takes only a few hours to complete
- Dramatically reduced off-target integration as compared to dsDNA templates
- Minimal cytotoxicity, resulting in greater viability of edited cell populations
The Guide-it Long ssDNA Production System v2 includes refinements that enable more efficient processing of challenging templates, provide higher ssDNA yields, and allow for a simpler protocol as compared to our first-generation ssDNA kits (Cat. # 632644, 632645).*
*Please note that with the launch of the Guide-it Long ssDNA Production System v2, the original Guide-it ssDNA kits (Cat. # 632644, 632645) have been discontinued.
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2020 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.