Vector document overview
What vector documents do we offer?
- Vector Information: a PDF document showing the annotated vector map and a list of key features
- Vector sequence file in .gb (GenBank) format: a TEXT document with sequence information that can be viewed using a text editor (e.g., Notepad, Text Edit) or sequence analysis software (e.g., SnapGene, Vector NTI)
How to view .gb (GenBank) files
- Right-click on the downloaded file
- Select "Open with" from the drop-down menu
- Select the appropriate program
Drag the file icon over to the desired application
To access and/or copy the DNA sequence, open the file in a text editor (e.g., Notepad, Text Edit)
To view an annotated map, open the file in sequence analysis software (e.g., SnapGene, Vector NTI)
SnapGene is a sequence editing software with an updated look, user-friendly interface, and many capabilities. The free viewer is perfect for basic sequence analysis and the creation of annotated maps. We are fans!
Where are vector documents located?
Vector documents can be found on product pages, under the "Details" section within the product table itself (see below). Product tables can also be found on the "Products tab" in search results.
- Locate the product table for your vector, either by navigating to the product page or via search results.
NOTE: If you used search results to locate your vector, you can click on the "Documentation" tab within your search results to scroll through available documents.
- Scroll down to the appropriate Cat. # for your vector in the product table.
- Click on the blue down arrow under "Details".
- In the expanded box that appears, choose the "Documents" tab.
- In the pop-up box that appears, click on "Vector Documents".
- Click on the individual files to download/view each document.
How can I find documents for discontinued vectors?
Documentation for discontinued products (including vectors) can be located via search. Product tables and documents will be displayed, as described above, in the "Products" and "Documentation" tabs, respectively.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.