- Selection guides
- PCR enzyme brochure
- Fast and accurate PCR
- Methylation studies
- Hot-start PCR
- Long-range PCR with LA Taq
- Direct PCR from human nail
- Direct PCR from meat samples
- Megaprimer PCR with PrimeSTAR GXL
- Amplifying GC-rich templates
- Titanium Taq for high-throughput genotyping
- Colony PCR in under an hour
- High-throughput endpoint PCR
- Direct PCR from blood
- PrimeSTAR GXL for targeted sequencing
- Detecting somatic mosaicism using massively parallel sequencing
- PCR FAQs
- Go green with lyophilized enzymes
PCR technical notes
Endpoint PCR is a workhorse technique for translational research, and as with any mainstay approach, strength and reliability are key. Single-copy PCR may be used for routine screening for a target of interest, while multiplex PCR assays are designed to detect a suite of targets. For efficiency, fast PCR enables screening in a fraction of the time by using high-speed enzymes, while direct PCR allows amplification from tissue without the need for DNA extraction.
No matter the demands of your PCR amplification assay, we have a polymerase that is precision-tuned to meet your needs.
Featured case study
Long-range PCR with PrimeStar GXL DNA Polymerase was used to amplify the entire BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes for targeted next-gen sequencing.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.