Tet-inducible expression systems
Tetracycline-inducible expression: Tet-Off cell lines
Tet-Off cell lines are host cell lines that greatly simplify the task of setting up a tetracycline-inducible gene expression system that is activated by removing doxycycline (Dox) from the culture medium. Tet-On 3G cell lines, which are our highest-performing pre-made cell lines for this system, are located on a separate page. Tet-On 3G cell lines are activated by removing Dox from the culture medium.
- Tet-On 3G cell lines, our highest-performing pre-made cell lines for the Tet system, are located on a separate page
- Stably expressed Tet-Off transactivator protein in commonly used cell lines.
- Induce expression of your gene of interest by removing doxycycline (Dox) from the culture of transfected cells
- Easily create an inducible system by first placing your gene under control of a tetracycline-responsive promoter (e.g., PTRE3G), transfecting it into one of these G418-resistant cell lines, and selecting for double-stable clones.
- Inducible gene expression in mammalian cells
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2023 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.