Adenovirus titration kits
- The Adeno-X Rapid Titer Kit allows functional, hexon-based adenovirus titration.
- The Adeno-X qPCR Titration Kit allows ultra-fast adenovirus titration using quantitative PCR.
- Each Adeno-X GoStix cassette is a sensitive instant test to detect adenovirus early during amplification and to determine the optimum harvest time.
- The Adeno-X Rapid Titer Kit allows functional, hexon-based adenovirus titration
- The Adeno-X qPCR Titration Kit allows ultra-fast adenovirus titration using quantitative PCR
- Each Adeno-X GoStix cassette is a sensitive instant test to detect adenovirus early during amplification and to determine the optimum harvest time
Adeno-X Rapid Titer Kit
This kit is designed around a hexon-specific antibody, which is used to label infected cells. Hexon protein is encoded by the adenoviral genome and is an essential component of the adenoviral capsid required for adenoviral replication, but its expression depends on the E1 gene product. Thus, E1 trans-complementing cell types such as HEK 293 can be used to measure infectious activity because only infected cells will produce the hexon protein. The rapid titer assay takes 1–2 hours to set up and another 3 hours (two days later) to label, stain, and count infected cells. Each stained cell corresponds to a single infectious unit.
Adeno-X qPCR Titration Kit
The Adeno-X qPCR Titration Kit provides a fast, simple, and accurate method for titrating adenoviral stocks from all Ad5-based adenoviral vectors, including recombinant adenovirus created with our Adeno-X expression systems. The protocol combines qPCR and TB Green chemistry, allowing you to determine the viral genome copy number in adenoviral preparations (i.e., crude lysates or purified stocks) from a calibrated DNA standard curve. The kit delivers results in just 4 hours, and because qPCR titration is so fast, target cells can be infected with accurately titrated virus on the same day the virus is harvested.
Adeno-X GoStix will rapidly (~10 min) tell you if you are ready to go with your adenovirus prep and is ideal for determining the best time to harvest your virus following amplification. Simply apply 20 µl of culture supernatant to the GoStix cassette, chase it through with four drops of buffer and wait 2–20 min for a band to appear in the window of the cassette. The amount of adenovirus detected in the supernatant correlates strongly with adenovirus production inside the cells. Each test is sensitive enough to detect adenovirus in a small amount of crude supernatant and is also used to ensure maximum yields during the adenovirus amplification process (we employ these same test cassettes to determine the optimum time to harvest virus from infected cells). Just 20 µl of supernatant is tested each day following infection of HEK 293 cells. The presence of a strong band in the cassette window ensures that high-titer adenovirus is harvested at the peak time.
- Obtain a functional titer in 4 hours using either the Adeno-X Rapid Titer Kit (hexon detection) or Adeno-X qPCR Titration Kit (genome detection)
- More precise and less time-consuming than a plaque or end-point dilution assay
- Obtain a qualitative measurement of adenovirus in 10 minutes using Adeno-X GoStix
- Use Adeno-X GoStix to quickly determine the optimal harvest time
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
25% off plasmid purification kits for viral transduction
We recommend purifying transfection-grade plasmids for viral transduction using NucleoBond, NucleoSpin, and NucleoSnap kits. Save 25% and sweeten the deal with free Gummi Bears when you order one or more of these and other top-selling Macherey-Nagel Classics for plasmid purification, DNA cleanup, and genomic DNA or RNA extraction.
Cite Discount Quote 36062 when ordering to receive the discount and free Gummi Bears. Limit one tub of Gummi Bears per order, while supplies last.
This offer is valid through 12.31.19 in the U.S. and Canada only. No other discounts apply.Offer details
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2019 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.