- Gene editing
- Fluorescent proteins
- Viral transduction
- T-cell transduction and culture
- Tet-inducible expression systems
- ProteoTuner protein control systems
- iDimerize inducible protein interaction systems
- Transfection reagents
- Mammalian expression plasmids
Bidirectional promoter vectors
The pBI bidirectional vectors are designed to constitutively express a protein of interest and a reporter protein (or two proteins of interest). Expression is driven by constitutively active bidirectional human cytomegalovirus promoters (PminCMV). The gene(s) of interest must contain an initiation codon and a stop codon.
- Constitutively express a protein of interest and a reporter protein (or two proteins of interest)
- Choose from green or red fluorescent reporters
- pBI-CMV1 has two cloning sites and allows the constitutive expression of two proteins of interest.
- pBI-CMV2 allows you to express a protein of interest and AcGFP1, a monomeric green fluorescent protein derived from Aequorea coerulescens.
- pBI-CMV3 allows you to express a protein of interest and ZsGreen1, an extremely bright green fluorescent protein derived from Zoanthus sp. reef coral.
- pBI-CMV4 allows you to express a protein of interest and DsRed2, a red fluorescent protein derived from Discosoma sp. reef coral.
- pBI-CMV5 allows you to express a protein of interest and firefly luciferase. pBI-CMV5 is not sold separately. It is sold as part of the Bidirectional Secreted Luciferase System, together with its reporter assay.
- To generate stable clones using these bidirectional vectors, we recommend cotransfection with a linearized selection marker or a vector containing an antibiotic selection marker.
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2020 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.