- Cancer research
- Career spotlights
- National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Your spit can save your life
- Controlling the spread of COVID-19 with direct saliva testing
- The 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for CRISPR
- In memory of Hermann Bujard
- Coronavirus publication: know your enemy
- Dethroning king coronavirus with novel vaccines
- Entering new worlds while staying in place
- Working hard to meet production demands for SARS-CoV-2 testing
- Shelter in place
- Takara Bio plays a crucial role in fighting the novel coronavirus
- Screening for novel coronavirus with one-step RT-qPCR: getting ahead of the outbreak
- Customer stories
- Gene editing
- Research news
- Single-cell analysis
- Stem cell research
- Tips and troubleshooting
- Women in STEM
- That's Good Support!
- About our blog
A cut above: the 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry is awarded for CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene editing
The 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded to Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna for their 2012 discovery that a bacterial immune system could be repurposed as a tool for molecular biologists to rewrite the DNA code in any organism, including humans.
Their remarkable efforts in developing precise genome editing technology is, of course, what we now know as CRISPR/Cas9. This work has revolutionized our industry by enabling hitherto impossible research and, looking forward, offers hope for development of cures for devastating diseases.
We are excited to celebrate this achievement and are happy to provide resources for your own journey with CRISPR-based tools.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2023 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.