- Cancer research
- Career spotlights
- Your spit can save your life
- Controlling the spread of COVID-19 with direct saliva testing
- The 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for CRISPR
- In memory of Hermann Bujard
- Coronavirus publication: know your enemy
- Dethroning king coronavirus with novel vaccines
- Entering new worlds while staying in place
- Working hard to meet production demands for SARS-CoV-2 testing
- Shelter in place
- Takara Bio plays a crucial role in fighting the novel coronavirus
- Screening for novel coronavirus with one-step RT-qPCR: getting ahead of the outbreak
- Customer stories
- Gene editing
- Research news
- Single-cell analysis
- Stem cell research
- Tips and troubleshooting
- Women in STEM
- That's Good Support!
- About our blog
In memory of Hermann Bujard (1934–2020)
We were very sad to hear of the passing of Hermann Bujard, one of the preeminent molecular biologists of his era. His groundbreaking research with Manfred Gossen led to the creation of the tetracycline-inducible transactivator, which revolutionized researchers’ ability to tightly control gene expression in eukaryotic cells. Prof. Bujard will also be remembered for his passionate work in developing vaccines to fight malaria. The scientific community will miss him. We send our condolences to his family and friends.
Back to Blog Front
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2022 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.