- Purification products
- Two-hybrid and one-hybrid systems
- Mass spectrometry reagents
- Expression vectors & systems
- Antibodies and immunoprecipitation
- SDS-PAGE & western blotting
- Protein sequencing
- Accessory enzymes
Glycobiology enzymes: Alpha 1, 3/4-L Fucosidase
Alpha 1, 3/4-L Fucosidase (systemic name: Alpha-L-Fucoside Fucohydrolase) is a useful glycobiology enzyme and specifically cleaves alpha 1,3 and alpha 1,4 fucoside bonds, liberating L-fucose from lacto-N-fucopentaose II, lacto-N-fucopentaose III, and N-acetyllactosamine type tri-antennary and tetra-antennary sugar chains containing alpha 1,3 fucoside bonds. It also liberates L-fucose from alpha 1-acid glycoproteins.
- Specifically cleaves alpha1,3 and alpha1,4 fucoside bonds
- Liberates L-fucose from lacto-N-fucopentaose II, lacto-N-fucopentaose III and N-acetyllactosamine type tri-antennary and tetra-antennary sugar chain with alpha1,3 fucoside bonds
- Also liberates L-fucose from alpha1-acid glycoprotein
Streptomyces sp. 142
Store at –20°C. The stock solution is stable for at least 12 months at 4°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Systematic name: Alpha-L-Fucoside fucohydrolase (E.C. 126.96.36.199)
- Molecular weight: 40 kDa
- Concentration: 1 mU/ml
- Km (substrate):
- Substrate 1: 10.1 µM (PA-lacto-N-fucopentaose II)
- Substrate 2: 1.08 µM (PA-lacto-N-fucopentaose III)
- Optimum pH: pH 6.0 (Substrate 2)
- Range of pH stability: pH 4.5–7.0 (37°C, 60 min.)
- Stabilizer: 0.1% NP-40, 0.1% Brij-58, and 0.02% BSA
In a solution of 50 mM potassium phosphate buffer (pH 6.0) containing 0.1 M NaCl, 0.02% NaN3 and 0.1% Brij-58
Sano, M., Hayakawa, K. & Kato, I. Purification and characterization of alpha-L-fucosidase from Streptomyces species. J. Biol. Chem. 267, 1522–7 (1992).
Definition of activity
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to hydrolyze 1 µmol of pyridylamino-lacto-N-fucopentaose III in 1 minute at 37°C and pH 6.0.
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2020 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.