Westase enzyme enables fungal and yeast cell wall digestion via lysis of beta-glucanase (beta-1,6 glucanase and beta-1,3-glucanase) bonds for experimental protocols including spheroplast generation, immunofluorescence, protein purification, and transformation. Westase Enzyme works well for beta-glucanase lysis in Ascosporogenous-type yeasts such as Saccharomyces cerevisiae. It can also be used for yeast cell wall digestion of fission yeasts such as Schizosaccharomyces pombe and Basidiosporogenous since they cannot be protoplasted with simple Zymolyase treatment.
- Yeast cell wall digestion
- Beta-glucanase bond lysis
Westase Enzyme is prepared from Streptomyces rochei DB-34 liquid cell culture supernatant.
4°C (dry condition)
Manufactured by Ozeki Corporation.
Lyophilized powder (containing celite as the excipient).
Definition of Activity
- Beta-1,6 glucanase activity: One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to release 1 µM of reduced sugar from 10 mg/ml Pustulan solution in 1 min. at 37°C (pH 6.0).
- Lytic activity: One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to decrease abosrbance at 660 nm by 1% in 1 min. at 30°C (pH 6.0) when using Cryptococcus albidus IFO 0612 cell wall fraction as a substrate.
Beta-1,6 glucanase activity: 400 units/g
- Lytic activity: >35,000 units/g
- DNase activity: ND
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2019 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.