- Purification products
- Expression vectors & systems
- Antibodies and immunoprecipitation
- Mass spectrometry reagents
- Protein sequencing
- Two-hybrid and one-hybrid systems
- SDS-PAGE & western blotting
- Accessory enzymes
N-glycan degradation: Alpha 1,2-L Fucosidase
Alpha 1,2-L Fucosidase specifically cleaves the alpha 1,2 fucoside bond, liberating L-fucose from 22-alpha-L-fucosyl lactose (Fuc alpha1-2 Gal beta1-4 Glc) and from porcine gastric mucin oligosaccharides. It also liberates L-fucose from N-acetyllactosamine-type bi-antennary sugar chains with alpha 1,6 fucoside bonds, but the rate of this reaction is extremely slow. Alpha 1,2-L Fucosidase can be used during N-glycan degradation.
- Cleavage of the alpha 1,2 fucoside bond during N-glycan degradation
- Liberation of L-fucose from 22-alpha-L-fucosyl lactose (Fuc alpha1-2 Gal beta1-4 Glc) and from porcine gastric mucin oligosaccharides
Under 4°C and dry conditions. A stock solution of 20 U/ml is stable for at least 3 months at 4°C. The stock solution may be frozen and thawed several times without loss of activity.
- Systematic name: alpha-L-fucoside fucohydrolase (E.C. 18.104.22.168)
- Molecular weight: 43 kDa (gel filtration)
- K2 (substrate): 4.7 x 10-5 M (p-NP-fucose)
- Inhibitors: Ag+, Hg2+, Cu2+
- Optimum pH: pH 8.5 (37°C, 10 min)
- Optimum temperature: 34°C (pH 8.5, 10 min)
- Range of pH stability: pH 5.5–9.5 (25°C, 60 min)
- Thermal stability: Less than or equal to 26°C (pH 8.0, 60 min)
Lyophilized product (white non-crystallized powder) containing 50 mM potassium phosphate (pH 8.0), 0.5 mM EDTA, and 0.025% sodium azide
Sano, M., Hayakawa, K. & Kato, I. Purification and characterization of alpha-L-fucosidase from Streptomyces species. J. Biol. Chem. 267, 1522–7 (1992).
Definition of activity
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to hydrolyze 1 µmol of p-nitrophenyl alpha-L-fucoside (p-NP-Fucose) in 1 minute at 37°C at pH 8.5.
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.