|Technology||Silica membrane technology|
|Sample amount||200 μl serum
200 μl cell-free biological fluids, e.g., milk
5–10 mg tissue
100 μl animal blood
100 mg feces/stool
1 dry or wet swab
|Fragment size||Approx. 100 bp–50 kb|
|Elution column volume||40–100 μl|
|Processing time||20–40 min|
Nucleic acid purification
- Nucleic acid extraction webinars
- Product demonstration videos
- Product finder
- Plasmid kit selection guide
- Plasmid purification
- Genomic DNA purification
- DNA/RNA cleanup and extraction
- RNA purification
- RNA purification kit finder
- Viral DNA and RNA purification
- Parallel DNA, RNA & protein
- Automated DNA and RNA purification
- Accessory selection guides
Extraction of viral DNA/RNA and bacterial DNA from veterinary samples with NucleoSpin VET
Modern veterinary diagnostic laboratories must be able to collect and subsequently analyze hundreds of samples fully automatically every day—especially in times of disease outbreaks. Despite high levels of automation, many samples still require manual nucleic acid purification. This is particularly the case when there is a low sample load, when difficult and inhomogeneous samples (e.g., feces) must be analyzed, or when new methods are to be established in a veterinary laboratory. NucleoSpin VET is a single-spin solution for the isolation of viral RNA/DNA and bacterial DNA from various veterinary sample materials, including serum, plasma, animal whole blood, tissue, feces, swabs, and other cell-free biological samples.
- One standard protocol for all specimen matrices after sample pretreatment
- Removes inhibitors and contaminants, even when working with difficult sample matrices (e.g., feces or fatty raw milk)
- Yields eluates that can be directly used for all common downstream analysis methods, including RT-qPCR and NGS
- Includes FastTrack protocol for rapid, routine testing that is focused on speed and ease of use combined with maximum sensitivity
NucleoSpin VET enables efficient purification of viral RNA and DNA, as well as bacterial DNA, from a broad range of veterinary-relevant sample types. All samples can be purified following the same standard protocol after sample lysis. The sample lysis pretreatment depends on starting material and target pathogen.
NucleoSpin VET also includes a FastTrack protocol for rapid, routine testing of low-complexity sample matrices (e.g., plasma, swab solutions; see user manual for the protocol). The FastTrack protocol has been optimized in terms of pipetting steps, standardized volumes, and centrifuge setting changes, allowing fast and simple sample extraction. We recommend that users start with the standard protocol first and validate the use of the FastTrack protocol for their specific sample material.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2022 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.