Isolation of genomic DNA from insects and crustaceans—NucleoSpin DNA Insect
The NucleoSpin DNA Insect kit is designed for the purification of genomic DNA from fresh, frozen, dried, or ethanol-preserved insect or crustacean samples. The isolated DNA can be used for genotyping, sequencing, or other common applications. The kit utilizes NucleoSpin Bead Tubes Type D (steel beads; included in the kit) in combination with a common disruption device, such as an MN Bead Tube Holder or a swing mill, to lyse different cell types and tissues using a single procedure. NucleoSpin Bead Tubes can also be ordered separately if needed.
- Suitable for any insect or crustacean sample—high-quality DNA from fresh, frozen, dried, or ethanol-preserved specimens
- Includes NucleoSpin Bead Tubes for efficient lysis of the exoskeleton—compatible with most common disruption devices
- Fast and convenient procedure
|Silica membrane technology combined
with NucleoSpin Bead Tubes Type D
|Mini spin columns|
|<40 mg fresh, frozen, dried, or ethanol-preserved
|200 bp–approximately 50 kb|
|<25 µg (varies by sample and disruption device)|
|35 min/6 preps|
- Genomic DNA from fresh, frozen, dried or ethanol-preserved insect or crustacean samples
- Typical downstream applications: multiplex PCR, Southern blotting, enzymatic reactions
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.