Yatalase is an enzyme commonly used for filamentous fungi cell wall digestion, enabling protoplast preparation. The product is prepared from cell-culture supernatants of Corynebacterium sp. OZ-21 and consists mainly of chitinase, chitobiase, and beta-1,3-glucanase.
- Can be used to prepare protoplasts from filamentous fungi
- Excellent thermostability at room temperature
- Efficiently digests native chitin
- Cell-wall digestion of filamentous fungi
Corynebacterium sp. OZ-21
Lyophilized preparation is stable for at least 1 year at 4°C.
Enzyme activities found in Yatalase
|Enzyme activity||Activity (U/g powder)|
|Cell-well lysing activity||10,000|
Yields of protoplasts
|Species||Yield of protoplasts (× 106/g wet cells)|
- Optimum pH: 7.2
- Optimum temperature for enzyme activity: 37°C
Lyophilized powder (containing lactose)
- Chitinase activity: One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to release 1 µmol of N-acetylglucosamine from chitin in 1 minute.
- Chitobiase activity: One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to release 1 µmol of p-nitrophenol from p-nitrophenyl-N-acetyl-beta-D-glucosaminide in 1 minute.
- Lytic activity: One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to decrease absorbance by 1% in 1 hour.
- Chitinase activity: ~50 U/g powder
- Chitobiase activity: ~500 U/g powder
- Lytic activity: ~10,000 U/g powder
Iwashita, K., Todoroki, K., Kimura, H., Shimoi, H. & Ito, K. Purification and characterization of extracellular and cell wall bound beta-glucosidases from Aspergillus kawachii. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 62, 1938–46 (1998).
Tsuchiya, K., Nishimura, K. & Iwahara, M. Purification and Characterization of Glutamate Decarboxylase from Aspergillus oryzae. Food Sci. Technol. Res 9, 283–287 (2003).
Additional product information
Please refer to technical documents under the Documents tab for storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2020 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.