|Technology||Magnetic bead technology|
|Format||Highly reactive superparamagnetic beads|
|Processing||Manual or automated|
|Sample material||<200 mg food or feed|
|Fragment size||300 bp—approx. 50 kb|
|Typical yield||0.1–10 μg|
|Elution volume||50–200 µl|
|Preparation time||120 min/96 preps (excluding lysis)|
|Binding capacity||0.4 µg/µl beads|
- Product finder
- Plasmid purification
- Genomic DNA purification
- DNA/RNA cleanup and extraction
- Parallel DNA, RNA & protein
- Automated DNA and RNA purification
- RNA purification
- Hard-to-lyse samples
Need help automating your nucleic acid purification workflow?
We will follow up shortly to discuss your objectives.
NucleoMag DNA Food
NucleoMag DNA Food is designed for the rapid manual and automated preparation of DNA from small-scale food or feed samples and can be used to detect the presence of GMO DNA or animal components in these samples.
- Provided reagents can purify up to 200 mg of material with a typical yield of 0.1–10 μg of DNA (depending on individual samples)
- Eluted DNA is ready for immediate use in subsequent reactions including real-time PCR, GMO detection, etc.
- Designed for use with the NucleoMag SEP magnetic separator plate or other equivalent magnetic separation system
- Time for the manual preparation of 96 samples is about 2 hours
- Compatible with common automated liquid handling instruments and magnetic separators
DNA from many types of food
Figure 2. Effective isolation of DNA from various food samples. Sample homogenization and lysis were performed manually, whereas DNA isolation was automated using a KingFisher Flex. DNA presence within the eluates was determined using qPCR.
|Category||Tested sample material|
|Carrot, potato, soy, maize, canola, linseed, oat, rice, wheat, sunflower seed, grape, seeds (tomato, cucumber, eggplant, melon, pepper), animal food|
|Agave nectar, oatmeal|
|Milk, cheese, honey, salami, meat sausage, liver sausage|
|Complex processed, vegetable origin||Vegetable broth, chips, pastry, cocoa, fried onions, tea, spices, tofu, juice, cereal bar, bread|
|Complex processed, animal origin||Tiramisu, fruit gum, licorice, chocolate, Nutella, noodles, baby food, oil, drippings|
Table I. Overview of different sample types that have been successfully tested. Following DNA extraction with the NucleoMag DNA Food kit, the presence of DNA was tested by either qPCR or via agarose gel electrophoresis.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2020 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.