- In-Fusion Cloning tools
- In-Fusion Cloning guide
- In‑Fusion Cloning FAQs
- In‑Fusion Cloning tips
- Choosing a seamless cloning method
- Seamless cloning primer design
- In-Fusion Cloning applications collection
- Efficient cloning for sgRNA/Cas9 plasmids
- In-Fusion Cloning tech notes
- In-Fusion Cloning citations
- EcoDry reagents and sustainability
- Mutagenesis with In-Fusion Cloning
- Efficient multiple-fragment cloning
- Sign up to stay updated
- Traditional molecular cloning
In-Fusion molar ratio calculator
The tool below will help you to calculate optimal amounts of vector and insert for the In-Fusion Cloning reaction. All you need to do is enter your vector and insert sizes in base pairs.
- We recommend using at least 50 ng of a DNA insert in your cloning reactions.
- The molar ratio calculator is optimized for use with standard-sized vectors and inserts. Typically, In-Fusion Cloning reactions work well with 100 ng of a 4- to 5-kb linearized vector plus 50 ng of a 1-kb PCR product. If your vector and PCR product differ greatly in size (e.g., you are using a 12-kb vector and 60-bp insert), the molar ratio calculator may recommend using less than 50 ng of insert. If this is the case, you will need to adjust the amount of DNA to ensure that a minimum of 50 ng of insert is used. Please refer to In-Fusion Cloning User Manual for more detailed recommendations.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2019 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.