Ex Taq DNA polymerase, hot-start version
Takara Ex Taq HS DNA Polymerase is the hot-start version of our high-performing Takara Ex Taq polymerase (a blend of Takara Taq and a proofreading exonuclease) offering high yield, excellent sensitivity, and fidelity that is 4.5 times higher than Taq polymerase. Antibody-mediated hot-start gives lower background, higher specificity, and allows room temperature reaction assembly. Takara Ex Taq HS DNA polymerase is supplied with 10X buffer (Mg2+) and dNTP mix.
Takara Ex Taq HS DNA Polymerase is the hot-start version of our high-performing Takara Ex Taq polymerase (a blend of Takara Taq and a proofreading exonuclease) offering high yield, excellent sensitivity, and fidelity that is 4.5-times higher than Taq polymerase. Antibody-mediated hot-start gives lower background, higher specificity, and allows room temperature reaction assembly. Takara Ex Taq HS DNA polymerase is supplied with 10X buffer (Mg2+) and dNTP mix.
Takara Ex Taq HS DNA polymerase includes a monoclonal antibody to Taq DNA Polymerase that binds to the polymerase and prevents nonspecific amplification due to mispriming and/or formation of primer dimers during reaction assembly. The antibody is then denatured during the initial PCR DNA-denaturation step, releasing the polymerase and allowing DNA synthesis to proceed. A premix Ex Taq is available for fast and sensitive real-time PCR.
Several other formats of Ex Taq are available:
- Individual components of Ex Taq enzyme mix, dNTP mixture, and 10X reaction buffer (with or without Mg2+)—for individual reaction setup and optimization.
- A 2X PCR master mix contains Ex Taq enzyme, reaction buffer (with Mg2+), and dNTP mixture—for a simple PCR setup and minimal pipetting steps.
- A loading dye-added 2X master mix (PerfectShot Ex Taq DNA Polymerase)—for convenient loading of PCR products in agarose gels.
- Antibody-mediated hot start: lower background, increased specificity, and room-temperature reaction assembly
- High-yield and high-sensitivity PCR
- Excellent on difficult templates
- Ideal for high-fidelity, high-yield endpoint PCR
- Amplifications requiring room-temperature reaction assembly
PCR products generated with Takara Ex Taq HS contain a mixture of 3'-A overhangs and blunt ends which allows >80% cloning efficiency in T-vectors.
Bulk, custom, and OEM information
If you are interested in bulk purchasing, custom packaging, custom formulations (including glycerol-free and high concentration), or partnership opportunities, please contact Corporate Development atto discuss your needs or visit our to submit an inquiry.
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Find answers to your PCR questions
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2020 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.