PrimeScript RT Master Mix (Perfect Real Time) is a high-efficiency reverse transcriptase mix that includes all of the reagents required for cDNA synthesis. This experiment compared the performance of PrimeScript RT Master Mix to a cDNA synthesis kit from Company I in measuring expression of human GAPDH by quantitative PCR (qPCR). GAPDH was detected at higher levels from cDNA generated with PrimeScript RT Master Mix than from cDNA generated with the alternative kit, illustrating the superior reverse transcription efficiency of PrimeScript RT Master Mix.
- Product finder
- Reaction size guidelines for qPCR
- Real-time PCR products brochure
- Real-time PCR tutorial videos
- Unbiased preamplification of limited samples
- Accurate gene expression analysis with TB Green Premix Ex Taq II
- Efficient quantification of human gene expression with PrimeScript Reverse Transcriptase
- Rapid qPCR analysis from blood samples using PrimeScript Reverse Transcriptase
- Monitoring siRNA knockdown
- qPCR without optimization using TB Green Premix Ex Taq
- Fast synthesis of cDNA templates for real-time RT-PCR
- Specific, consistent real-time PCR with TB Green Premix Ex Taq II
An efficient method for quantification of human gene expression levels using PrimeScript reverse transcriptase
Data kindly provided by: Hiro Katagiri, Staff Scientist, NIH
Human GAPDH transcripts were more efficiently detected from cDNA generated with PrimeScript RT Master Mix than with the Company I kit.
PrimeScript RT Master Mix was able to quickly (in ~15 minutes) and efficiently generate cDNA, which could be used to quantify the expression of human GAPDH, a 'housekeeping' gene commonly used to normalize expression levels. Higher levels of GAPDH were detected from cDNA samples generated with PrimeScript RT Master Mix kit than with Company I's kit, showing the greater sensitivity of detection that can be achieved, in less time, with PrimeScript RT Master Mix.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2019 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.