The PrimeScript RT Reagent Kit (Perfect Real Time) is a simple and fast reagent for reverse transcription that allows cDNA templates for quantitative PCR (qPCR) to be prepared in around 15 minutes. In this experiment, PrimeScript Reverse Transcriptase was used to generate cDNA from mouse peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) and serum. The resulting cDNA was then used to probe the expression of a target gene using qPCR. This experiment shows that PrimeScript RT can quickly generate qPCR-ready cDNA using a streamlined protocol.
- Product finder
- Reaction size guidelines
- Real-time PCR products brochure
- Real-time PCR tutorial videos
- Guest webinar: extraction-free SARS-CoV-2 detection
- Guest webinar: developing and validating molecular diagnostic tests
- Unbiased preamplification of limited samples
- Accurate gene expression analysis with TB Green Premix Ex Taq II
- Efficient quantification of human gene expression with PrimeScript Reverse Transcriptase
- Rapid qPCR analysis from blood samples using PrimeScript Reverse Transcriptase
- Monitoring siRNA knockdown
- qPCR without optimization using TB Green Premix Ex Taq
- Fast synthesis of cDNA templates for real-time RT-PCR
- Specific, consistent real-time PCR with TB Green Premix Ex Taq II
- Mir-X microRNA quantification
Fast reverse transcription from mouse blood samples using PrimeScript Reverse Transcriptase
Data kindly provided by: Philip H. Jones and Chioma Okeoma, University of Iowa
The PrimeScript RT kit generated cDNA ready for qPCR with just a 15-minute amplification step. qPCR of the synthesized cDNA showed that the relative expression levels of the target gene were higher in infected BST2(–/–) mice compared to wild-type mice in both serum and PBMC samples. The difference in the relative expression level of the target gene between infected BST2(–/–) and wild-type mice was greater in serum samples than in PBMC samples.
The PrimeScript RT Reagent Kit (Perfect Real Time) was able to generate cDNA from total RNA isolated from mouse PBMC and serum samples in ~15 minutes. The cDNA was used to confirm higher expression levels of the target gene in infected BST2(–/–) mice by qPCR.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2022 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.