LA Taq DNA polymerase—for long-range PCR
TaKaRa LA Taq DNA Polymerase combines Taq DNA polymerase and a DNA-proofreading polymerase, with 3'→5' exonuclease activity, to enable PCR amplification of very long DNA templates (long-range PCR). This mixture of enzymes allows for long and accurate (LA) PCR of targets from a variety of templates, including genomic DNA. LA Taq DNA polymerase is supplied with optimized LA PCR Buffer II (with or without Mg2+) and dNTPs.
TaKaRa LA Taq DNA Polymerase combines Taq DNA polymerase and a DNA proofreading polymerase, with 3’→5’ exonuclease activity, to enable PCR amplification of very long DNA templates (long-range PCR). This mixture of enzymes allows for long and accurate (LA) PCR of targets from a variety of templates, including genomic DNA. LA Taq DNA polymerase is supplied with optimized LA PCR Buffer II (with or without Mg2+) and dNTPs.
The presence of the proofreading polymerase increases fidelity as compared to Taq polymerase alone. Using the LA Taq long-PCR system, routine extensions of 20 kb are possible, and products of up to 48 kb can be obtained for some templates.
Other available versions of LA Taq for long-range PCR include:
- One Shot LA PCR Mix Ver. 2.0—LA Taq enzyme premix with Mg2+ buffer, pre-dispensed in 25 µl-aliquots
- TaKaRa LA Taq DNA Polymerase Hot-Start Version—antibody-meditated hot-start PCR to increase reaction specificity and reduce background
- TaKaRa LA Taq DNA Polymerase with GC Buffer—includes buffers designed to amplify DNA templates with high GC content (GC-rich) or with a significant amount of secondary structure
- LA PCR Kit, Ver. 2.1—includes all reagents plus controls needed for amplification of long DNA templates
Our LA PCR Genome DNA Set includes purified, high-molecular-weight human and E. coli genomic DNA plus appropriate primers for use as PCR controls.
- Robust amplification of long DNA templates (long-range PCR)—products up to 48 kb are possible
- Specially optimized buffer (LA Buffer II)—less optimization is required and gives greater yield
- DNA proofreading polymerase mix—offers higher fidelity compared with conventional Taq DNA polymerase
- Long-range PCR to amplify products up to 48 kb
- Amplification of highly homologous sequences
- Pseudogene identification
- Mitochondrial DNA sequencing
PCR products generated with LA Taq contain a mixture of 3'-A overhangs and blunt ends which allows >80% cloning efficiency into T-vectors. However, the efficiency of cloning longer products (>5 kb) into T-vectors is quite low.
Enzyme performance is confirmed by successful amplification of a 35-kb lambda DNA template and a 17.5-kb human genomic DNA template.
Bulk, custom, and OEM information
If you are interested in bulk purchasing, custom packaging, custom formulations (including glycerol-free and high concentration), or partnership opportunities, please contact Corporate Development atto discuss your needs or visit our to submit an inquiry.
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.