- High-throughput detection of SARS-CoV-2
- SmartChip Real-Time PCR System overview
- SmartChip Real-Time PCR System technical specifications
- SmartChip Real-Time PCR System applications
- SmartChip Real-Time PCR System video resources
High-throughput screening of antibiotic resistance genes
For the hundreds of antibiotics available today, thousands of antibiotic resistance gene (ARGs) have been identified; thus high-throughput screening is required to assess many different target sequences in numerous sample types. However, since bacteria continuously develop new ARGs, the screening method must also be flexible and allow the modification and addition of targets to the screen. High-throughput real-time PCR (qPCR) has emerged as a prominent technique in the antibiotic resistance field for monitoring gene expression of ARGs in a wide range of sample types.
In this webinar, Dr. Christopher Sontag of Takara Bio USA, Inc. will discuss the challenges in the field, the benefits of the SmartChip Real-Time PCR System, and some of the recent publications that have employed the SmartChip system in their research.
- Threats posed by the increasing prevalence of antibiotic resistance
- Challenges researchers face in the detection of ARGs
- Features of the SmartChip Real-Time PCR System suited for ARG screening
- Publications using the SmartChip system for studies profiling and tracking ARGs in a variety of samples
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2023 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.