- Linkers and primers
- E. coli-yeast shuttle vectors
- Chloramphenicol-resistant pUC vectors
- Kanamycin resistant pUC vectors
- pUC118/119 vectors
- pUC18 and pUC19 vectors
- DNA cloning vectors
- T-Vectors pMD20 and pMD19
- pPTR shuttle vectors
- M13mp18 virion DNA
- M13mp18 RF phage vector
- PhiX174 RF I DNA
- pBR322 DNA vector
- Thermus thermophilus HB8 genomic DNA
- Lambda DNA
- Plant transformation vectors
M13mp18 RF phage vector
The M13mp18 RF phage vector is suitable for M13 sequencing by the dideoxy sequencing method. Since the phage vector contains a multiple cloning site in the lacZ region, recombinant vectors can be easily verified via blue/white colony screening using agar plates containing IPTG and X-Gal. This phage vector can also directly be used in M13 sequencing reactions because it is processed as a single-stranded DNA from phage particles.
- >70% double-stranded covalently closed circular form I (RF I) DNA
- Multiple cloning site integrity verified by dideoxy sequencing analysis
- EcoRI, SacI, KpnI, SmaI, BamHI, XbaI, SalI, PstI, SphI, and HindIII restriction sites verified by restriction enzyme analysis
10 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0), 1 mM EDTA
- Entry name: M13MP18, Accession No.: X02513
Note: Cloning of long DNA fragments (>4 kb) using the M13 mp18 RF phage vector can result in some colony deletions.
Messing, J. New M13 vectors for cloning. Methods in Enzymology 101, 20–78 (1983).
Yanisch-Perron, C. et al. Improved M13 phage cloning vectors and host strains: nucleotide sequences of the M13mpl8 and pUC19 vectors. Gene 33, 103–119 (1985).
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2019 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.