- Cellartis Cardiomyocytes (from ChiPSC22) Kit
- Cellartis Cardiomyocytes (from ChiPSC22)
- Cellartis CM Thawing Base
- Cellartis CM Culture Base
- Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS) (Thermo Fisher Scientific, Cat. # 16140063)
- Cell culture T25 flask(s)
- Fibronectin (Sigma-Aldrich, Cat. # F0895)
- Stopping medium (i.e. any medium w serum, w/o antibiotics)
- External solution (140 mM NaCl, 10 mM HEPES, 5 mM Glucose, 4 mM KCl, 2 mM CaCl2, 1 mM MgCl2, 298 mOsm, pH 7.4)
- Sterile H2O
- Technical notes
- Getting started with hepatocyte differentiation
- Cardiomyocytes in FLIPR 384-well plate format
- Cardiomyocytes on the Patchliner system
- Cardiomyocytes on the Maestro MEA system
- Cardiomyocytes on the MED64 MEA system
- Cardiomyocytes on the CardioExcyte 96 system
- Cardiomyocytes on the xCELLigence RTCA CardioECR system
- Reprogramming fibroblasts
- Reprogramming PBMCs
- Spin embryoid body formation
- Transferring iPSCs from other media to DEF-CS
- Transferring iPSCs on MEFs to DEF-CS
- Selection guides
Preparing cardiomyocytes for the Patchliner system
Cellartis cardiomyocytes are derived from human induced pluripotent stem cells and provide a promising physiologically-relevant, human model for pre-clinical testing and drug screening. Cellartis cardiomyocytes together with the throughput, performance, and versatility of the Patchliner system provide a powerful combination for making more predictive cardiac disease models, and for accurately predicting cardiotoxic responses.
The following protocol has been optimized to detach Cellartis Cardiomyocytes (from ChiPSC22) for optimal use in the Patchliner system (Nanion). To prepare cardiomyocytes for recordings with the Patchliner's automatic patch clamp, the cultured cells need to be harvested in a gentle way with minimal disruption of epitopes or cell morphology. Use one fibronectin T25 flask with Cellartis Cardiomyocytes (from ChiPSC22) as a starting material.
User-generated protocols are based on internal proof-of-concept experiments, customer collaborations, and published literature. In some cases, relevant results are discussed in our research news BioView blog articles. While we expect these protocols to be successful in your hands, they may not be fully reviewed or optimized. We encourage you to contact us or refer to the published literature for more information about these user-generated and -reported protocols.
If you are looking for a product-specific, fully optimized User Manual or Protocol-At-A-Glance, please visit the product's product page, open the item's product details row in the price table, and click Documents. More detailed instructions for locating documents are available on our website FAQs page.
Questions? Protocols of your own that you would like to share?Contact technical support Give feedback
A highly homogeneous population of cardiomyocytes derived from human induced pluripotent stem cells.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2020 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.