- Media and supplements
- Stem cells and stem cell-derived cells
Human embryonic stem cell kits
Cellartis human ES cell line kits contain human embryonic stem (ES) cells that are banked and characterized according to the highest industry standards, along with a starter set for the Cellartis DEF-CS culture system. The ES cells are adapted to the DEF-CS culture system, an easy-to-use, complete culture system for efficient ES-cell expansion in a feeder-free, defined environment.
Cellartis human ES cell line kits contain human embryonic stem (ES) cells that are banked and characterized according to the highest industry standards, along with a starter set for the Cellartis DEF-CS culture system. The ES cells are adapted to the DEF-CS culture system, an easy-to-use, complete culture system for efficient ES-cell expansion in a feeder-free, defined environment. With this system, cells are maintained in an undifferentiated state with virtually no background differentiation, eliminating the need for cell selection. The highly reproducible nature of the DEF-CS system coupled with the stable high growth rate of these stem cell lines is ideal for mass production of cells.
- hES cells were derived under stringent ethical and legal conditions; the derivation process follows all applicable laws in Sweden and the EU and is approved by a regional ethical authority. Identifiers associated with the donated tissue have been removed.
- hES cells were derived under feeder-free conditions
- Cell lines are extensively analyzed for purity and stem cell characteristics, including recovery after thawing, absence of mycoplasma and bacteria, expression of stem-cell-specific markers (Oct-4, NANOG, SSEA-3, SSEA-4, TRA-1-60, and TRA-1-81), absence of differentiation markers (Beta-3 tubulin, FOXA2, and ASMA), and expected karyotype
- Cells are optimized for culture with the Cellartis DEF-CS culture system
- hES cells are suitable for all major applications; cells can form derivatives of all three germ layers when differentiated
- Kits include the Cellartis DEF-CS 100 Culture System
Cellartis hES cell lines are available from several donors and are supplied from fully characterized cell banks. Please refer to the Certificates of Analysis for cell-line-specific information, such as donor information and karyotype.
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.