Osteocalcin EIA kits for bone and endocrine research
Takara Bio’s osteocalcin EIA kits may be used to study the roles that osteocalcin (OC) plays in bone metabolism, insulin synthesis, glucose metabolism, and male fertility. Unlike other assays, our EIA kits don't just measure total osteocalcin. Rather, our kits enable you to measure either the carboxylated (cOC) or under-carboxylated (ucOC) forms of the protein. This provides you with the power to quantify active protein (cOC for bone metabolism; ucOC for glucose metabolism).
Takara Bio’s osteocalcin EIA kits provide you with:
- Sensitivity: measure as little as 0.125–0.5 ng/ml of protein
- Specificity: highly purified antibodies are specific to the protein of interest
- Convenience: supplied in a 96-well format (8 x 12 strips)
- Scalability: ready to use in a high-throughput format
Move beyond qualitative analysis
Our EIA kits enable you to quantify osteocalcin in biological samples (such as blood and urine), cell culture supernatants, and cultured cells. Quantitative results are obtained in just 3 hours.
- Gla-OC EIA Kits for quantitative measurement of cOC
- Glu-OC EIA Kits for quantitative measurement of ucOC
|Simultaneous measurement of Glu-OC and Gla-OC in rat serum|
|Rat Gla-OC EIA Kit||Rat Glu-OC EIA Kit|
|Age (weeks)||Dilution||Male No. 1||Male No. 2||Female No. 1||Female No. 2||Dilution||Male No. 1||Male No. 2||Female No. 1||Female No. 2|
|3||x 20||12.4||—||231.5||—||x 20||0.9||—||25.1||—|
|4||x 60||275.2||—||1,389.2||—||x 20||33.6||—||62.0||—|
|5||x 60||277.6||—||375.3||—||x 20||40.1||—||48.2||—|
|6||x 60||445.0||380.6||143.7||372.5||x 20||71.8||52.2||20.1||43.1|
|7||x 60||235.3||357.0||178.3||494.6||x 20||40.0||52.5||26.0||56.5|
|8||x 60||351.4||356.2||530.1||840.2||x 20||64.5||48.0||61.4||74.5|
|9||x 60||180.5||272.1||301.9||154.0||x 20||28.5||43.4||44.0||23.2|
|Age (weeks)||Dilution||Female No. R1||Female No. R2||Dilution||Female No. R1||Female No. R2|
|21||x 30||199.7||79.8||x 10||10.2||13.3|
|25||x 10||52.3||55.2||x 10||5.3||5.7|
|29||x 10||9.1||29.5||x 10||1.6||3.2|
|33||x 10||80.9||38.8||x 10||7.8||4.0|
Both types of osteocalcin (Glu-, inactive; Gla-, active) were monitored in the blood serum of young or aged rats over several weeks. The values in the table are reduced concentrations multiplied by the dilution ratio. Serum levels of both Gla- and Glu-osteocalcin tend to be higher in young rats than in aged rats, suggesting activation of bone metabolic turnover.
Sandwich ELISA format
The osteocalcin EIA kits use a sandwich-type format, with an osteocalcin-specific antibody as a capture antibody on a solid-phase plate. An enzyme-labeled antibody specific to either Gla-OC or Glu-OC is used as the detection antibody, allowing detection of either Gla- or Glu-osteocalcin with very high sensitivity.
Learn more about each assay
- Gla/Glu-Osteocalcin High Sensitive EIA Kit (Rat)
- Rat Gla-Osteocalcin High Sensitive EIA Kit
- Rat Glu-Osteocalcin High Sensitive EIA Kit
- Human Gla-Osteocalcin High Sensitive EIA Kit
- Gla-Type Osteocalcin (Gla-OC) EIA Kit
- Undercarboxylated Osteocalcin (Glu-OC) EIA Kit
- Pig Gla-Osteocalcin EIA kit
- Pig Glu-Osteocalcin EIA Kit
- Mouse Gla-Osteocalcin High Sensitive EIA Kit
- Mouse Glu-Osteocalcin High Sensitive EIA Kit
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.