Single-cell RNA- and DNA-seq
- SMART-Seq HT for streamlined mRNA-seq
- SMART-Seq Stranded for total RNA-seq
- SMART-Seq v4 for mRNA-seq
- SMART-Seq v4 3’ DE for mRNA-seq end counting
- SMART-Seq v4 for mRNA-seq with the Fluidigm C1
- SMARTer PicoPLEX Gold for DNA library prep
- SMARTer PicoPLEX WGA for genome amplification
- SMART-Seq DE3 Demultiplexer
- Immune profiling
- Epigenetics and small RNA sequencing
- Sequencing accessories
Full transcriptome analysis of single cells with the SMART-Seq Stranded Kit
Get more out of your single-cell and ultra-low input RNA-seq with the SMART-Seq Stranded Kit. This kit uses a random-priming approach to capture the whole transcriptome, enabling analysis of nonpolyadenylated transcripts at the single-cell level. The kit contains reagents for generating stranded sequencing libraries, including cDNA synthesis and amplification, ZapR-mediated ribosomal RNA depletion, and Illumina-compatible library preparation.
If you prefer an oligo(dT) priming approach, we recommend our SMART-Seq HT Kit or SMART-Seq v4 Ultra Low Input RNA Kit for Sequencing.
- Simple workflow to generate stranded Illumina sequencing-ready libraries in 7 hours
- Appropriate for analysis of 1–1,000 intact mammalian cells or 10 pg–10 ng of low- or high-quality mammalian total RNA
- Reproducible, accurate detection of full-length coding and noncoding transcripts from single cells or total RNA
- Comparable sensitivity to our gold-standard SMART-Seq v4 Ultra Low Input RNA Kit for Sequencing.
Interested in more data and FAQs about this product? Visit the NGS Learning Center.
SMART-Seq Stranded Kit workflow
SMART-Seq Stranded Kit performs well across a wide range of inputs
|Sequencing alignment metrics for A375 total RNA and cells|
|Input||Total RNA||1,000 cells||500 cells||100 cells||10 cells||5 cells||1 cell|
|Number of reads (pairs)||6,000,000||6,000,000||6,000,000||6,000,000||6,000,000||6,000,000||5,873,974|
|Number of transcripts >1 FPKM||13,260||13,294||13,583||13,520||12,726||12,602||11,540|
|Number of transcripts >0.1 FPKM||21,334||21,113||21,365||21,145||20,550||18,888||15,815|
|Proportion of reads (%):|
|Overall mapping (%)||89.6||93.9||94.3||95.1||94.9||92.7||80.2|
|Duplicate rate (%)||37.3||45.2||40.3||46.1||52.5||72.2||78.5|
|Number of mapped reads (%)||7.2||10.4||10.8||9.4||8.7||8.6||7.3|
|lncRNA transcripts detected||5,395||4,687||4,565||5,439||5,440||4,983||2,802|
Figure 2: High reproducibility across cell input amounts. A375 cells isolated by FACS were used to generate RNA-seq libraries with the SMART-Seq Stranded Kit. Input varied from 1 cell to 1,000 cells, with two replicates per input of 5–1,000 cells and 12 replicates for the single cells. For comparison, two aliquots of 1,000 cells were used for total RNA purification and then used for library preparation.
SMART-Seq Stranded Kit matches the sensitivity of SMART-Seq v4 technology
- Generation of Illumina sequencing-ready libraries in 7 hours from small quantities of mammalian cells (1–1,000 cells) or total RNA (10 pg–10 ng)
- Whole transcriptome sequencing with strand-of-origin information
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2019 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.