EmeraldAmp MAX PCR Master Mix
The EmeraldAmp MAX PCR Master Mix offers a powerful and convenient option for high-yield, routine, and specific PCR. This premix formulation includes an optimized buffer, PCR enzyme, dNTP mixture, gel-loading dye (green), and a density reagent in a convenient 2X premix format. It is optimized for better performance with AT or GC-rich targets, and allows amplification of long products. It is possible to amplify 15 kb genomic DNA fragments with this master mix.
The EmeraldAmp MAX PCR Master Mix offers a powerful and convenient option for high-yield, routine, and specific PCR. This premix formulation includes an optimized buffer, PCR enzyme, dNTP mixture, gel-loading dye (green), and a density reagent in a convenient 2X premix format. The buffer is optimized for better performance with AT or GC-rich targets, and allows amplification of long products. It is possible to amplify 15 kb genomic DNA fragments with this master mix.
Only primers and DNA template need to be added to initiate the reaction. Completed reactions can be analyzed directly via gel electrophoresis. The vivid green dye separates into blue and yellow dye fronts when the PCR product is run on an agarose gel.
An antibody-mediated hot-start version is available.
- Streamlined workflow—simply add template, primers, and water to the 2X master mix then load reactions directly onto gel.
- Ease-of-use—emerald green loading dye tracks migration during electrophoresis.
- High yield—obtain at least 10 times more end product.
- Long PCR—amplify targets up to 10 kb in length.
- Easy integration with downstream application—perform restriction digests directly in the PCR buffer or use in TA cloning.
- TA cloning or sequencing
- Direct gel electrophoresis
- Long and high-yield PCR
- Most PCR products (approximately 80%) amplified with EmeraldAmp MAX have a 3'-terminal adenosine (A), and therefore PCR products can be used directly for cloning into T-vectors (TA cloning). It is possible to clone the product into blunt-end vectors after blunting and phosphorylation.
Bulk, custom, and OEM information
If you are interested in bulk purchasing, custom packaging, custom formulations (including glycerol-free and high concentration), or partnership opportunities, please contact Corporate Development at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs or visit our OEM page to submit an inquiry.
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Find answers to your PCR questions
Applications and conditions
Frequently asked questions about general and specific applications for PCR and which polymerases to choose.
Shipping, storage, and handling
Frequently asked questions about shipping, storing, and handling of Takara Bio PCR polymerases.
Avoid DNA contamination in PCR
There are many ways a PCR experiment can go wrong. Use this guide to prevent common PCR problems.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2022 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.