Types of search results
Your search results will display in one of three tabs just below the search box.
- Products—Results in this tab will include individual catalog items as well as product pages. Expanded product tables will be displayed, including Cat. #, product name, description, size, pricing, etc. Each result will link to the appropriate product page, as well as display recommended or required products and tabs for direct access to documents and images.
- Resources & Learning—A wide range of links will be displayed, leading to pages containing tips, FAQs, technical data, video protocols, etc. Results in this tab will also include product overview and product family pages.
- Documentation—Links to available documentation for your search term will display, including user manuals, certificates of analysis, and vector documents.
Applying additional search terms
The "Current Search" box on the left-hand side of the page allows you to apply additional search terms in order to filter the results of your primary search. Filters will be listed in this box as they are applied, and they can be removed by clicking the "x" icon next to the particular filter in that list.
Refining your search
The "Refine Your Search" box on the left-hand side of the page allows you to limit search results by a variety of categories, including application, product type, and kit size.
Tips for increasing the breadth of your search results
If you do not see the items you expect, we recommend trying one of the following tactics to get a wider range of results:
- Search by more general terms.
- Include an asterisk (*) in your search term to return non-exact (wildcard) matches. For example, searching for "aavpro" will only show results for that full term. However, searching for "aav*" will show results for any term that starts with "aav", including but not limited to, "aavpro".
- Use "AND" (in all caps) to search for two terms that appear on the same page. For example, searching for "Cas9 AND cloning" will show results that contain both "Cas9" and "cloning".
- Use "OR" (in all caps) to search for two terms that do not necessarily appear on the same page. For example, searching for "Cas9 OR cloning" will show results that contain either "Cas9" or "cloning". Pages that include both terms will be included in these results.
- Use "NOT" (in all caps) to search one term while excluding a second term. For example, searching for "Cas9 NOT cloning" will show results that contain "Cas9" but do not contain "cloning".
- This search function uses Lucene query syntax. For additional search tips, please see a Lucene syntax guide, such as lucenetutorial.com/lucene-query-syntax.html.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2021 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.