- DNA sequencing
- Single-cell RNA-seq
- Immune profiling
- Sequencing accessories
- Epigenetics and small RNA sequencing
High-throughput single-cell mRNA-seq
The SMART-Seq HT Kit is designed to generate high-quality, full-length cDNA directly from 1–100 cells or 10 pg–1 ng of total RNA in a high-throughput manner. The kit is evolved from the SMART-Seq v4 Ultra Low Input RNA Kit for Sequencing (SMART-Seq v4) and features a simplified protocol, which combines reverse transcription and PCR amplification into a convenient single step without compromising on performance.
The SMART-Seq HT Kit is designed to generate high-quality, full-length cDNA directly from 1–100 cells or 10 pg–1 ng of total RNA in a high-throughput manner. The kit is evolved from the SMART-Seq v4 Ultra Low Input RNA Kit for Sequencing (SMART-Seq v4) and features a simplified protocol, which combines reverse transcription and PCR amplification into a convenient single step without compromising on performance. The user simply needs to set up the one-step RT-PCR and walk away until the double-stranded cDNA is amplified and ready for purification.
The cDNA synthesis protocol can be completed in four hours, and the entire library construction protocol can be completed within two working days. Indeed, the SMART-Seq HT Kit has the same sensitivity and reproducibility that characterize the SMART-Seq v4 kit.
The core SMART technology in this kit is an immensely powerful tool for studying the full transcriptome, including splice junctions and alternative splicing events in cells, and provides full-length gene coverage. Oligo(dT) priming is used to specifically amplify mRNA from either high-quality total RNA (RIN >8) or intact cells. LNA technology improves the efficiency of template switching, which increases the number of genes identified to higher levels than any other SMARTer Ultra low kit for mRNA-seq.
- Unparalleled sensitivity—Start with as little as 1 cell or 10 pg of total RNA (input range: 1–100 cells or 10 pg–1 ng of total RNA)
- High-quality RNA-seq data—Identify the highest number of genes of any SMARTer Ultra low kit; maintain full-length gene information, low percentage of rRNA reads, and great representation of GC-rich transcripts
- Simplified workflow—Simply set up the one-step RT-PCR reaction to generate cDNA libraries
- Sample prep made easy—The single-tube protocol works directly on whole cells and helps to preserve sample integrity
Interested in more data and FAQs about this product? Visit the NGS Learning Center.
- cDNA synthesis from single cells or total RNA for transcriptome sequencing
- cDNA outputs from this kit can be used with Nextera® XT library preparation kits for Illumina sequencing
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.