SMART-Seq v4 Ultra Low RNA Kit for the Fluidigm C1 System—high performance single-cell transcriptome analysis
Single-cell RNA-seq enables researchers to study how gene expression patterns vary within cell populations. Takara Bio has developed robust tools for performing RNA-seq on individual cells isolated in Fluidigm's integrated fluidic circuit (IFC) system. The sensitive SMARTer chemistry of our ultra-low input kits paired with the high-throughput automation capability of the Fluidigm C1 system offer high-resolution insights for transcriptome analysis.
We currently offer two generations of single-cell mRNA-seq kits for the Fluidigm C1 Single Cell Auto Prep system. The newest version, the SMART-Seq v4 Ultra Low Input RNA Kit for the Fluidigm C1 System, incorporates features from our industry-leading SMART-Seq v4 kit, including SMART (Switching Mechanism at 5’ End of RNA Template) and locked nucleic acid (LNA) technologies, which are collectively referred to as "SMARTer-seq® chemistry". This kit outperforms published protocols and our previous version, the SMARTer Ultra Low RNA Kit for the Fluidigm C1 System, by providing higher sensitivity, better reproducibility, and an improved representation of GC- and AT-rich genes. The new script for using this kit is supported by the mRNA Seq IFC and the Open App IFC, and can be downloaded through the Fluidigm Script Hub.
- Improved SMART-technology-based chemistry—LNA technology in the SMART-Seq v4 Oligo and improved chemistry lead to better performance (higher sensitivity, greater reproducibility, and more GC-rich genes detected).
- Library construction in 2 days—The cDNA synthesis protocol takes approximately two hours, followed by the eight-hour SMART-Seq v4 script on the C1 instrument. The entire library construction protocol can be completed within two working days.
- New script—The accompanying script is supported for use on both the mRNA Seq IFC and the Open App IFC. The SMART-Seq v4 script is available at the Fluidigm Script Hub. The user manual for this product is available on the Documents tab of this web page.
- cDNA synthesis for mRNA-seq from up to 96 single cells on the Fluidigm C1 System
- cDNA synthesis for qPCR analysis on the Fluidigm Biomark platform prior to Illumina sequencing
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2022 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.