SMARTer smRNA-Seq Kit for Illumina—sequence small RNAs with high sensitivity and minimal bias
Discovery and analysis of small non-coding RNAs (smRNAs) has become an important part of understanding gene expression regulation. Some of the well-known small RNA species are miRNAs, siRNAs, piRNAs, and snoRNAs, many of which range in size from 20 to 30 nt. The SMARTer smRNA-Seq Kit for Illumina has been specifically designed to generate high-quality Illumina-ready sequencing libraries from low-input amounts of small RNAs such as these.
This kit was developed to work directly from 1 ng–2 µg inputs of total RNA or enriched small RNA samples, and incorporates features from the industry-leading SMART-Seq v4 kit, including SMART technology (Switching Mechanism at 5’ End of RNA Template) and locked nucleic acids (LNAs). Libraries are generated in a ligation-free manner, ensuring that diverse small RNA species are represented with minimal bias.
- Analysis of diverse small RNA species—Sequencing library prep of small RNAs ranging in size from 15–150 nt
- Flexible sample inputs—Start from 1 ng–2 µg of total RNA or enriched small RNA
- Illumina-ready sequencing libraries—Ligation-free incorporation of Illumina adapters and indexes for sample multiplexing
- Quick, single-tube workflow—Generate sequencing libraries in ~3 hours (not including validation and post-PCR size-selection steps)
- Illumina-ready sequencing library preparation, specifically for small RNAs ranging in size from 15–150 nt
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.