High-throughput detection of SARS-CoV-2
NOTE: The products featured here are for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostics procedures.
The SmartChip Real-Time RT-PCR SARS-CoV-2 Reagents can be combined with primers specific to SARS-CoV-2 to perform qualitative, high-throughput detection of viral RNA in upper respiratory samples using the SmartChip Real-Time PCR System. The resulting assay detects low copies of SARS-CoV-2 RNA, generally present in upper respiratory specimens during infection by the virus.
- High-sensitivity (limit of detection): 16 copies/µl
- Positive percent agreement: 96.7%
- Negative percent agreement (specificity): 100%
- Cross-reactivity: no significant cross-reactivity with related pathogens, or pathogens and normal flora likely to be found in similar samples
- Improve throughput and turnaround time—process up to 768 samples per day
- Significant cost savings—save up to 200X with nanoliter-scale reactions
- High-sensitivity—detect as low as 16 copies/µl of SARS-CoV-2 RNA without the need for a separate preamplification step
- No cross-reactivity—be confident with kit components validated to specifically detect SARS-CoV-2
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2023 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.