- In-Fusion seamless cloning
- Competent cells
- Ligation kits
- Mutagenesis kits
- Ligation enzymes
- Restriction enzymes
- Modifying enzymes
- X-Gal and IPTG
- Linkers, primers, and cloning vectors
- Agarose gel electrophoresis
- Nucleic acid extraction
SmaI restriction enzyme
SmaI restriction site:
CCC | GGG
GGG | CCC
Supplied buffer: T+BSA
Effect of DNA methylation: enzyme activity is affected by CG methylase
Reaction temperature: 30°C
- Source: Serratia marcescens Sb
- Concentration: 4–12 units/µl [High concentration: 30–60 units/µl]
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Genomic DNA analysis: Staphylococcus aureus genomic DNA
- This enzyme shows equivalent activity at 37°C and 30°C, but stability of the enzyme in reaction mixtures is lower at 37°C than at 30°C.
- Each lot undergoes stringent quality testing including overdigestion, genome DNA analysis, ligation-recutting and pKF3 cloning
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2022 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.