- Linkers and primers
- E. coli-yeast shuttle vectors
- Chloramphenicol-resistant pUC vectors
- Kanamycin resistant pUC vectors
- pUC118/119 vectors
- pUC18 and pUC19 vectors
- DNA cloning vectors
- T-Vectors pMD20 and pMD19
- pPTR shuttle vectors
- M13mp18 virion DNA
- M13mp18 RF phage vector
- PhiX174 RF I DNA
- pBR322 DNA vector
- Thermus thermophilus HB8 genomic DNA
- Lambda DNA
- Plant transformation vectors
Chloramphenicol-resistant pUC vectors
The chloramphenicol-resistant pUC vectors pHSG396 and pHSG398 contain the chloramphenicol resistance gene, the pMB1-derived origin of replication (ori), and the beta-galactosidase coding gene lacZ. These vectors also contain a pUC18-derived multiple cloning site (MCS) within the lacZ gene, enabling recombinant clones to be verified through culture plates containing IPTG and X-Gal. High target-gene expression is enabled by the presence of the lac promoter on both the pHSG396 and pHSG398 vectors.
Both pHSG 396 and pHSG 398 can be analyzed via dideoxy DNA sequencing using an M13 primer, and large recombinant chloramphenicol resistant pUC vectors may be analyzed using the Deletion Kit for Kilo-Sequencing.
- Form: 10 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0), 1 mM EDTA
- Concentration: 250–1,000 µg/ml
- lac promoter-enabled target gene cloning and expression
- DNA sequencing using an M13 primer
- Long DNA sequencing using Takara's Deletion Kit for Kilo-Sequencing
- >70% double-stranded, covalently closed circular form (RF 1) DNA
- Multiple cloning site sequence-verified via dideoxy DNA sequencing
|Vector||Entry name||Accession no.|
*Except for the MCS, pHSG396 and pHSG398 have the same sequence as pHSG399.
- pHSG396: 2,238 bp
- pHSG398: 2,227 bp
Takeshita, S., Sato, M., Toba, M. & Masahashi, W. High-copy-number and low-copy-number plasmid vectors for lacZα-complementation and chloramphenicol-or kanamycin-resistance selection. Gene 61, 63-74 (1987).
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2019 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.