Single-cell full-length transcriptome analysis powered by SMART-Seq v4 technology
Full-length sequence information allows many types of analysis—such as differential gene expression, gene fusion, and alternative splicing—with high sensitivity. Our high-throughput solution leverages SMART-Seq v4 chemistry for sensitive, full-length transcriptome profiling of >1,000 cells isolated on the SMARTer ICELL8 Single-Cell System.
Full-length sequence information allows many types of analysis—such as differential gene expression, gene fusion, and alternative splicing—with exquisite sensitivity. Our high-throughput solution leverages SMART-Seq v4 chemistry for sensitive, full-length transcriptome profiling of >1,000 cells isolated on the SMARTer ICELL8 Single-Cell System. The workflow incorporates Illumina-specific adaptor sequences during cDNA amplification on a SMARTer ICELL8 chip for the generation of indexed libraries that are ready for sequencing on Illumina platforms.
Single cells isolated with the SMARTer ICELL8 Single-Cell System (Cat. No. 640000) are dispensed into a 5,184-nanowell, blank SMARTer ICELL8 250v Chip (Cat. No. 640183). Following identification of single-cell-bearing wells using CellSelect Software, SMART RT-PCR reagents are then dispensed to the wells of samples chosen for further processing. The chip is then transferred to the ICELL8 Chip Cycler, which is programmed to perform one-step RT-PCR for first-strand synthesis and amplification of cDNA in a single run. The full-length cDNA is tagmented on-chip by ATM (from the Illumina Nextera® XT library preparation kit), and then the tagmented cDNA is amplified using forward and reverse indexing primers (Cat. No. 640205). The full-length amplicons are then pooled off-chip, and the purified cDNA is amplified to yield the final sequencing-ready library.
- High-throughput single-cell analysis—generate sequencing data from >1,000 single cells in parallel
- Sample flexibility—analyze cells from up to eight different samples in a single experiment
- Reduced sample handling—minimize variability with automated cell isolation and selection, and sample pooling prior to sequencing-ready library construction
- Illumina sequencing libraries—generate libraries suitable for sequencing on all Illumina platforms
- High-throughput, full-length scRNA-seq library preparation for Illumina platforms
The following Takara Bio items are required to complete the workflow. Please refer to the SMARTer ICELL8 SMART-Seq User Manual for a complete list of materials required.
- SMARTer ICELL8 250v Chip (Cat. No. 640183)
- SMART-Seq ICELL8 Reagent Kit (Cat. Nos. 640202, 640203, or 640204)*
- SMART-Seq ICELL8 Indexing Primer Set (Cat. No. 640205)*
- SMARTer ICELL8 Collection Kit (Cat. No. 640048)
- SMARTer ICELL8 Loading Kit - B (Cat. No. 640206)
*NOTE: Cat. No. 640202 contains enough reagents for processing one chip, 640203 for three chips, and 640204 for five chips. Each SMART-Seq ICELL8 Indexing Primer Set (Cat. No. 640205) is suitable for one chip. Please order multiples of 640205 to match the three- or five-chip-size reagent kits.
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.