- Alzheimer's disease
- Bone research
- Brain and CNS
- Cancer and inflammation
- Cell adhesion and ECM
- Environmental hazards
- Epigenetic antibodies
- Metabolic diseases
- mTOR signaling
- Signal transduction
- Stem cell research antibodies
- Virus research
- Miscellaneous research areas
Human endothelial lipase (EL) ELISA kit
Endothelial lipase (EL), encoded by the LIPG gene in humans, is a phospholipase involved in lipoprotein metabolism and vascular biology. EL is expressed at high levels in the liver, placenta, lung, thyroid, kidney, testis, and corpus luteum of the ovary. It hydrolyzes high-density lipoproteins (HDL) with high efficiency compared to very low-density lipoproteins (VLDL) and chylomicrons. It also displays triglyceride lipase and heparin-binding activities. EL is also known as EDL, endothelial cell-derived lipase, lipoprotein lipase H, and PRO719.
This kit is a solid-phase sandwich ELISA using two antibodies that are highly specific to human EL protein: one is precoated on the ELISA plate and the other is HRP-conjugated. This assay kit can be used to measure soluble human EL protein in serum, EDTA-plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
- Capable of measuring human EL protein
- Range of assay: 31.3–2,000 pg/ml
- Assay sensitivity: 5.7 pg/ml
- Assay duration: Overnight
- Test specimen type: Serum, EDTA-plasma, or cell culture supernatants
- Sample volume per well: 100 µl
Measuring human EL protein in serum, EDTA-plasma, and cell culture supernatants
- Pre-coated 96-well plate: Anti-Human EL (48A1A) Mouse IgG MoAb, Affinity-Purified
- Labeled antibody: HRP-conjugated Anti-Human EL (26A1A), Mouse IgG Fab, Affinity-Purified (30X, 0.4 ml)
- Standard: Recombinant human EL (0.5 ml × 2)
- EIA buffer (30 ml)
- Solution for labeled antibody: 1% BSA, 0.05% Tween-20 in PBS (12 ml)
- Chromogen: TMB Solution (15 ml)
- Stop solution: 1N H2SO4 (12 ml)
- Wash buffer: 0.05% Tween 20 in phosphate buffer (50 ml)
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.