The SMARTer ThruPLEX Plasma-Seq Kit has been designed for use with cell-free DNA isolated from plasma. The following protocol outlines the method used by the scientific staff at Takara Bio to collect blood and prepare high-quality plasma. The prepared plasma samples are then used for the isolation of the cell-free DNA.
- Selection guide
- Product line overview
- Technical notes
- Featured kits
- Technology and application overviews
- FAQs and tips
- Exome capture with Illumina Nextera Rapid Capture
- Targeted capture with Roche NimbleGen SeqCap EZ
- Targeted capture with IDT xGen panels
- Targeted capture with Agilent SureSelectXT
- Targeted capture with Agilent SureSelectXT2
- Targeted capture with Agilent SureSelectQXT
- Plasma preparation for ThruPLEX Plasma-Seq workflow
DNA-seq application protocol
Plasma preparation for the SMARTer ThruPLEX Plasma-Seq workflow
- Gloves, disinfectant, swabs, and tourniquets
- BD Vacutainer Venous Blood Collection Tubes with K2 EDTA, 10 mL (Becton Dickinson, Cat. No. 366643)
- 15-ml and 50-ml centrifuge tubes
- Centrifuge, calibrated, capable of 1,500g with brake off switch
- –70°C or colder freezer (or dry ice storage container)
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2018 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.