The ThruPLEX Plasma-Seq Kit has been designed for use with cell-free DNA isolated from plasma. The following protocol outlines the method used by the scientific staff at Takara Bio to collect blood and prepare high-quality plasma. The prepared plasma samples are then used for the isolation of the cell-free DNA.
- Product line overview
- Technical notes
- Featured kits
- Technology and application overviews
- FAQs and tips
- Using UMIs with ThruPLEX Tag-Seq HV
- Exome capture with Illumina Nextera Rapid Capture
- Targeted capture with Roche NimbleGen SeqCap EZ
- Targeted capture with IDT xGen panels
- Targeted capture with Agilent SureSelectXT
- Targeted capture with Agilent SureSelectXT2
- Targeted capture with Agilent SureSelectQXT
- Plasma preparation for ThruPLEX Plasma-Seq workflow
Plasma preparation for the ThruPLEX Plasma-Seq workflow
- Gloves, disinfectant, swabs, and tourniquets
- BD Vacutainer Venous Blood Collection Tubes with K2 EDTA, 10 mL (Becton Dickinson, Cat. No. 366643)
- 15-ml and 50-ml centrifuge tubes
- Centrifuge, calibrated, capable of 1,500g with brake off switch
- –70°C or colder freezer (or dry ice storage container)
User-generated protocols are based on internal proof-of-concept experiments, customer collaborations, and published literature. In some cases, relevant results are discussed in our research news BioView blog articles. While we expect these protocols to be successful in your hands, they may not be fully reviewed or optimized. We encourage you to contact us or refer to the published literature for more information about these user-generated and -reported protocols.
If you are looking for a product-specific, fully optimized User Manual or Protocol-At-A-Glance, please visit the product's product page, open the item's product details row in the price table, and click Documents. More detailed instructions for locating documents are available on our website FAQs page.
Questions? Protocols of your own that you would like to share?Contact technical support Give feedback
cfDNA isolation from up to 10 ml of plasma
NucleoSnap cfDNA & NucleoMag cfDNA
- Consistent recovery of fragmented cfDNA ≥50 bp from plasma obtained in EDTA or Cell-Free DNA BCT tubes
- Efficient removal of PCR inhibitors regardless of input volume
- Convenient manual or automated processing using snap-off columns or magnetic beads
- Suitable for downstream applications such as qPCR and NGS
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2020 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.