- SmartChip Real-Time PCR System overview
- SmartChip Real-Time PCR System technical specifications
- SmartChip Real-Time PCR System applications
- SmartChip Real-Time PCR System video resources
- Request a SmartChip system demo
Guest webinar: Detection and quantification of antibiotic resistance genes and SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater
The US CDC has declared antibiotic resistance (AR) a global threat. Hospitals have been the traditional breeding ground for drug-resistant strains; however, AR also spreads through the environment via antibiotic usage in livestock, poultry, and fish farms, which liberates antibiotics into water and soil. Furthermore, modern travel habits are increasing the propagation of resistant pathogens.
Resistomap is a Finland-based company that offers laboratory and analysis services for the detection and quantification of antibiotic resistance genes (ARGs) in environmental samples. Resistomap monitors the propagation of environmental AR using high-throughput methods to identify genes that confer AR to pathogens. As the COVID-19 pandemic developed, Resistomap used their expertise and tools to quickly expand their activities into monitoring the presence of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater, a source that can reveal important information about transmission.
In this webinar, Dr. Windi Muziasari, cofounder and CEO of Resistomap, will talk about her company's activities and how they are collaborating with Takara Bio.
- Current projects on the presence and abundance of ARGs and genes that are associated with mobile genetic elements in wastewater
- The expansion of focus from ARGs to SARS-CoV-2 detection
- Use of Takara Bio's SmartChip Real-Time PCR System for monitoring ARGs and SARS-CoV-2 in the environment
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2021 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.